RG System is GDPR Compliant!
Published on : 22/01/2018There are many articles concerning the GDPR lately and it's hard to tell fact from fiction. For RG System, compliance is a shared responsibility, that's why we have decided to write a small article that should clarify the context and the impact of this regulation on our product.
Concretely, what is GDPR ?
The GDPR is the General Data Protection Regulation that was adopted on April 14, 2016 and that will be effective throughout the European Union on May 25, 2018. This text will replace the Directive of the Protection of Data adopted in 1995 by a single legislation for all the Members of the EU.
Who will be affected by this measure?
All companies, government agencies, non-profits organizations and other organizations offering goods and services to people in the EU or collecting and analyzing data related to EU residents.
What does it mean for your data?
This regulation aims to protect the privacy and the confidentiality of customer data, throught:
- a control of the storage spot and the use of the personal data;
- more effective data governance tools to improve transparency and keeping of registers and reports;
- the reinforcement of data control strategies and the guarantee that data processing is compliant with the legislation.
But more specifically, what are the impacts on our product?
Well that's pretty simple: there will be no impacts on the RG System software, as it is natively compliant with this regulation!
Here is why ☺:
- The RMM and Endpoint Security modules do not collect personal data;
- The Dell EMC Avamar product do not store complete data, but blocks of data. It is therefore impossible to use the data if they are reachable one way or another;
- Dell EMC Avamar includes a background engine that check the structure and the integrity of the stored data to ensure a 100% success with the restore process;
- Data are managed by users themselves and you can view them directly on the Dashboard;
- Data are automaticaly destroyed on the storage spot if the client disables RG System (an automatic cleaning process goes over the data at regular intervals to release the space and make it available)
- RG's task automation engine ReactEngine brings a whole process of compliance by setting up scheduled corrective actions when specific events such as viruses are detected;
- And finally, data security is guaranteed by Datacenters (in Luxembourg and Canada) which respect the good practices of TIERS III.
The whole RG Team is available if you need additional information.
Want to go further? Join us for an upcoming webinar dedicated to the GDPR!
To find out more about the GDPR, it's here >> The official journal of the European Union.
RG Dev' March 2018
Published on : 13/03/2018RG Dev'Your monthly recap of the features developed by the RG Team! Release Note...
RG System is GDPR Compliant!
Published on : 22/01/2018IT InsightsThere are many articles concerning the GDPR lately and it's hard to tell fact...
RG System renews its ISO 9001 certification!
Published on : 17/01/2018RG OfficeAt RG System, we have always made a point of honour to ensure that our servic...
Meet our new Business Developer!
Published on : 16/01/2018RG OfficeWe are happy to welcome Khalil BENDJELLOUL as our new Business Developer team...
Meet our new Sales Assistant!
Published on : 10/01/2018RG OfficeWe are happy to welcome Coraline HUMBERT as our new sales assistant teammate!...
RG Dev' January 2018
Published on : 09/01/2018RG Dev'Your monthly recap of the features developed by the RG Team! Release Note...
The quality of RG's support in 2017
Published on : 03/01/2018RG OfficeWhen you choose a software solution, you tend to think in terms of features a...
RG Dev' of December & Overview of 2017
Published on : 29/12/2017RG Dev'Your monthly recap of the features developed by the RG Team ! 2017 : RG's...
It's official: we settled in Toronto, Canada!
Published on : 12/10/2017PressToronto, October 2017 French RG System (Septeo Group) brings its North Ame...